Qlik Launches Trusted Extension Developer Program
Qlik today announced the debut of its Trusted Extension Developer (TED) Program, which will enable developers to more easily create and deliver innovative visual extensions into commercial production environments. There is a wide range of developer-driven open source extensions already living within Qlik Branch, and enterprise customers and technology partners are eager to leverage this innovation to expand the value of Qlik Sense.
“Developers consistently expand the value of analytics, using data in new and unique ways and finding new use cases. Extensions have a key role in making these developer efforts come to life,” said James Fisher, SVP of Strategic Marketing at Qlik. “Our Trusted Extension Developer program will help developers bridge open source extensions to commercial availability, bringing these innovations to the wider enterprise audience with confidence.”
Companies are challenged when deploying open source or custom applications without a form of accreditation that satisfies their IT organization’s governance and security policies. Through Qlik’s TED Program, developers can earn accreditation for their extensions against a Qlik authored set of requirements for quality, support, security, and maintenance.
Qlik’s TED Program includes:
- Extension Accreditation: Reduces risk of code failure on upgrade, ensures security protocol and data collection compliance, and allows accreditation on additional functionality such as responsiveness and mashup readiness.
- Best Practices & Enablement: Detailed requirements documentation, test script creation guidance, monthly webinars, and open feedback channels like Slack.
- Testing Tools: Qlik supported automated testing tools, and test script validation with Qlik Sense via a CLI to improve submission quality.
- Promotion/Marketing: Dedicated TED Developer Partner page, Qlik Branch Developer Event and Marketing campaign promotion (when appropriate), inclusion in Qonnections Developer related sessions and promotion.
- Assured Upgrades: TED members sign up with a commitment to provide on-going updates to their accredited extensions, as well as ensuring customers can receive support during their use.
Developers will have a ready-made path to customers for their extensions through the existing Qlik market. Certified extensions will be badged and publicly listed, and a pass thru the link to individual partner sites will be provided as well. Qlik is inviting partners with established, commercially proven extension development practices to explore joining the program, with details on the process on the Qlik Branch TED page.
“Expanding customer ability to confidently use existing and future extensions will be of great value to their investment in Qlik Sense. As one of the established extension developers on the market we’re excited to be joining the TED program. Climber has developed some of the most popular extensions on Qlik Branch and the TED program gives us the vehicle to bring those extensions to the next level,” said Michael Nordström, CIO of Climber.